You have not accepted cookies yet
This content is blocked. Please accept marketing cookies. You can do this here.
- Arcadis ranked among the top architecture firms in the world, debuting on World Architecture 100 list at number two
- Accolade highlights global impact of IBI Group and Arcadis CRTKL integration
19 January 2024 – Arcadis (EURONEXT: ARCAD), a leading global design and consultancy organization for natural and built assets, has been named in the prestigious 2024 World Architecture 100 list for the first time. With the remarkable achievement of securing second place in the ranking, as compiled by Building Design, one of the leading architecture trade publications in the UK, Arcadis’ debut entry this year is a testament to its significant growth and unwavering commitment to delivering innovative and sustainable architectural solutions on a global scale.
The World Architecture 100 list, published annually by Building Design, is a highly respected industry compendium that celebrates the most influential and successful architecture practices worldwide. Achieving the coveted second position in 2024 is an impressive achievement for Arcadis, having been historically recognized globally for its engineering and consultancy work. The company’s commitment to its architecture and design expertise in 2023 resulted in several acquisitions, solidifying Arcadis’ reputation as a global leader in the architecture and design industry.
Alan Brookes, CEO of Arcadis, said: “Our high ranking in the World Architecture 100 list is a direct outcome of the acquisition of IBI Group, DPS Group, and Arcadis CRTKL, but more importantly, represents our ability to deliver industry-leading solutions that improve quality of life.
“Our drive to accelerate a planet positive future over the next three years will be, in part, realized through our commitment to support our clients in creating sustainable communities by designing, retrofitting and reducing the energy use of their building portfolios.”
Mansoor Kazerouni, Global Director, Architecture and Urbanism at Arcadis, said:
"Securing second place on the 2024 World Architecture 100 list is a considerable milestone for our team. The strength of our architecture and urbanism practice is rooted in our people, who are located globally and committed to driving design excellence through sustainable design practices and improving the quality of life in the communities we design.
“Our multidisciplinary expertise enables us to incorporate innovative technologies that contribute to a more resilient future that will positively impact our planet. This includes core expertise in Passive House design, mass timber buildings, net zero and energy-positive design. It's a very exciting time for the Architecture and Urbanism practice at Arcadis!”
Arcadis’ design approach integrates architecture, engineering, and consultancy services to create a vast range of holistic and innovative urban design solutions. This approach has enabled the company to tackle some of the world's most complex challenges in areas such as infrastructure, urban development and environmental sustainability. As a result, Arcadis has gained recognition for its ability to shape the future of the built environment while prioritizing environmental and social responsibility. The company's extensive and diverse portfolio includes iconic projects such as:
- The new 100,000-square-foot Tiffany’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
- A 750-bed student residence at the University of Toronto is one of the largest Passive House projects in North America.
- The Royal Atlantis Hotel and Residences in Dubai for which Arcadis served as executive architect.
- The Bay Technology Centre in Neath, Wales, a self-sufficient, “energy positive” building that generates its own renewable energy.
- The Curv, Vancouver, the tallest Passive House building in the world.
- Merlata Bloom Milano, one of the newest, largest, and most accessible and sustainable mixed-use urban communities in Europe.