This statement is made on behalf of all Arcadis entities in the UK (‘Arcadis UK’).
Arcadis UK is a provider of consultancy, design, engineering, project and cost management services in the construction sector. Further information can be found on the Arcadis UK website.
As a member of the Arcadis group of companies, Arcadis UK carries out its business activities in compliance with the Arcadis General Business Principles ("AGBP") which can be found on the Arcadis website. The AGBP confirms that “Arcadis values its employees as a key resource and respects their human and labour rights so they may work in a safe, healthy, professional and supportive environment.” Arcadis operates a whistleblowing line with contact details available to all staff.
Our business takes the following steps to prevent slavery or human trafficking taking place within our organisation:
1. Our HR processes comply with all UK legislation including the Minimum Wage Act;
2. Right to work checks are carried out on all new Arcadis UK employees.
Our Supply Chains
Our supply chains include sub-consultants, self-employed consultants, agencies and agency workers who provide services to us and suppliers who provide goods and/or services to us in the support of our business.
We take the following steps to prevent slavery or human trafficking within our supply chain:
1. Using our Pre-Qualification Questionnaire process, it is mandatory that third parties with an annual turnover in excess of £36M that we contract with, have to complete the Questionnaire in order to be registered on our system and to be paid. The Pre-Qualification Questionnaire covers the third party’s avoidance of child labour, supporting of fair pay, respecting of human rights and avoiding exploitation and explicitly covers the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and how it is being applied in the third party organisation.
2. Where relevant, we carry out appropriate due diligence on third parties we do business with.
3. Our standard contractual terms with third parties contain appropriate clauses confirming that they carry out their business in accordance with principles consistent with the AGBP.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Approved by: Alan Brookes, Chief Executive Officer, Arcadis UK
The world is a complex place, Arcadis helps you navigate this complexity by understanding the bigger picture.
Arcadis is committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for all our employees.