Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This statement is made on behalf of all Arcadis entities in the UK (‘Arcadis UK’).
is a provider of consultancy, design, engineering, project and cost management services in the construction sector.
As a member of the Arcadis group of companies, Arcadis UK carries out its business activities in compliance with the Arcadis General Business Principles
The AGBP confirms that “Arcadis values its employees as a key asset and respects their human and labour rights so they may work in a safe, healthy, professional and supportive environment.” Integrity is one of the core values under which Arcadis UK operates.
Our business takes the following steps to prevent modern slavery or human trafficking taking place within our organisation:
- Our HR processes comply with all applicable UK legislation;
- Right to work checks are carried out on all new Arcadis UK employees;
- Training on the AGBP is a mandatory part of the induction and probation period for all new employees and is refreshed every two years;
- Training on the Modern Slavery Act has been provided to those most relevant within the business;
- We maintain a telephone and web-based Integrity Line through which integrity issues can be reported anonymously. Contact details are available to all staff. All issues reported through the Integrity Line are followed up by the Arcadis compliance committee as appropriate.
Our Supply Chains
Our supply chains include sub-consultants, contingent workers and agencies who provide services to us and suppliers who provide goods and/or services to us in the support of our business. We take the following steps to prevent modern slavery or human trafficking within our supply chain:
- We have a due-diligence process that includes a number of questions around compliance with applicable legislation. Completion of these answers is a pre-requirement of being registered on our system and paid (with limited exceptions). As part of our annual review of processes, we are currently reviewing and updating this process.
- Our standard contractual terms with third parties contain appropriate clauses confirming that they carry out their business in accordance with principles consistent with the AGBP and with reference to the Modern Slavery Act where appropriate.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Approved by: Alan Brookes, Chief Executive Officer, Arcadis UK
Date: December 2017