Arcadis is seeking a detail oriented, well organized, dependable Environmental Expert with Ecology and biodiversity skills set personnel to join our India team. This senior level full-time position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, strong work ethic, excellent leadership and communication skills. Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and will include extensive travel within India for extended periods
• Open to extensive travel and site visits
• Conducting ecological/wildlife surveys for primary baseline study on flora and fauna (terrestrial, coastal / marine), Habitat mapping & assessment
• Analysis of collected data for species diversity index, composition, occurrence, abundance, etc.
• Impact assessment on ecology due to various project stages and activities and development of mitigation measures for the same along with species and habitat conservation.
• Experience in data analysis and interpretation
• Well versed with site work, consultations, stakeholder meetings, etc.
• Interaction with stakeholders like government representatives, villagers, forest department, DFO, ecology & Biodiversity specialist of that region/area, research scholars, academicians, dialogue with senior citizens of project area.
• Supervision of contractors hired for specialised studies.
Office activities may include the following:
• Act as line manager for EP professionals stationed in Noida
• Business development to ensure sustenance and growth of team
• Technical and project reviews
• Providing inputs to EIA/ ESIA/ ESDD
• Plan and execute specialised ecological studies, EIA, ESIA
• Master’s degree in Environment sciences/Ecology/Life Sciences/Botany/ Zoology/ Wildlife sciences/ Forestry or in relevant field
• Training on Wildlife management/ecology& Biodiversity Management/or similar kind of trainings will be considered an added qualification
• Flexibility, willingness and ability to travel nationally.
• Ability to interact with different stakeholders
• Has a in depth understanding of the EIA, ESIA/ SIA process
• Ability to identify and differentiate flora and fauna i.e. terrestrial, avian aquatic, etc. and the application of taxonomy in resource inventory (flora and fauna) of the project area
• Candidates must also be able to meet the physical demands associated with performing field work, including extend period of social / ecological surveys
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Strong technical writing ability and reporting skills.
• Ability to complete tasks on time and budget.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• A genuine enthusiasm for the role, displaying a willingness to collaborate and mentor.
• The ability to make decisions and display initiative.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Demonstrate leadership experience in past
• QCI NABET Accreditation
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equality and diversity within an inclusive workplace.
For further information or to apply for this role, please email your CV to our Recruitment Team at email@example.com or click the button below to apply immediately.
Personal data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence in accordance with our personal data (Privacy) statement and will be used for recruitment related purposes. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Share this page viaMail
Explore employee roles and experiences, top reasons to join Arcadis and leadership programs.
Find out about starting your career with Arcadis, meeting other people like you and graduate support.