Main Purpose of the Job:
This person is responsible for pre and post contract for MEP specifically for electric works.
- Verify validity of contractual documents such as performance bonds, insurances, etc.
- Monitoring and tracking the cost changes and updating the costs of various packages based on the GFC drawings and variations.
- Provide necessary inputs for monthly cost reports where in budget for each package is compared with the actual anticipated cost for each package.
- The objective is constantly track the changes in the forecast end cost and assess the cost risk to enable project team to take appropriate measures at the right time to mitigate cost over-runs.
- Assess reasonable cost of progress work completed, negotiate with contractors on behalf of the Client and certify payment amount (monthly). The measurement shall be based on the GFC drawings and approved shop/ as built drawings.
- Assess reasonable cost of variations and other contractual adjustments, negotiate with contractors on behalf of the Client and certify payment amount.
- Carry out reconciliation of major materials supplied by the Client at defined intervals (monthly or quarterly).
- Strategic advice on the project team on various contractual aspects.
- Contract administration for matters of commercial, insurance and guarantees etc.
- Assess, negotiate and agree the final account for all work packages in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Provide necessary inputs, backups for Final Project close-out report updating the final actual cost of each package against the estimated cost and summarise cost of all project variations.
- Prepare a schedule of bank guarantees, performance bonds, retention, release dates for submission to the Client.
- Identify ‘lessons learnt’ on the project for incorporation in future projects.
- Attend meetings called by PMC/Client to progress any aspect of the commission if so required as per Project Team Lead's instruction and knowledge
- Participate necessary inputs in value management/engineering exercises as the design develops in order to optimize the Project’s construction costs as per Project Team Lead’s instructions and knowledge.
- Implement and adhere to the requirements of any design change control procedures developed for the Project by the PMC.
- Execute services in accordance with agreed Project Master Schedule and provide a detailed ‘Deliverable’ listing.
- All cost reports, comparative statements and other such calculative works undertaken by Consultant shall be submitted in Microsoft excel format with complete formula and linkages.
- Skilled individual who has experience and exposure to work on Fit Out Projects on all stages (i.e. concept, schematic, detailed design)
- Good knowledge on understanding of drawings, quantity take off, BOQ preparation, rate analysis, strong commercial sense, market survey / testing, tender document preparation, pre-tender Estimate and hands on experience on negotiation
- Knowledge on STPI / SEZ projects and taxation (GST) preferred
- Ideally, this person should have completed at least 1 fit-out project (SEZ or STPI) in one complete cycle and should be able to handle main electrical, UPS, ACS-CCTV, LT Panel-Bus Duct and High side MEP works from base building perspective
- Ready to work on challenging time lines with minimum of supervision for above referred packages
- Strong in MS Office (Specifically MS Word, Excel and Power Point), AutoCAD, Revit and any other Take Off software exposure
We are an active equal opportunity employer committed to equality and diversity within an inclusive workplace.
For further information or to apply for this role, please email the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below to apply immediately.
Personal data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence in accordance with our Personal Data (Privacy) Statement and will be used for recruitment related purpose. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.