Main Purpose of the Job:
Arcadis is looking to hire an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in our Bangalore office. This individual will be responsible for full pre-contract and post contract quantity surveying especially for MEP/Electrical works.
- Verify validity of contractual documents such as performance bonds, insurances, etc.
- Monitoring and tracking the cost changes and updating the costs of various packages based on the GFC drawings and variations.
- Provide necessary inputs for monthly cost reports where in budget for each package is compared with the actual anticipated cost for each package.
- The objective is constantly track the changes in the forecast end cost and assess the cost risk to enable project team to take appropriate measures at the right time to mitigate cost over-runs.
- Assess reasonable cost of progress work completed, negotiate with contractors on behalf of the Client and certify payment amount (monthly). The measurement shall be based on the GFC drawings and approved shop/ as built drawings.
- Assess reasonable cost of variations and other contractual adjustments, negotiate with contractors on behalf of the Client and certify payment amount.
- Carry out reconciliation of major materials supplied by the Client at defined intervals (monthly or quarterly).
- Strategic advice on the project team on various contractual aspects.
- Degree or Diploma in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Experienced and skilled individual working on fit-out projects on all stages (i.e. concept, schematic, detailed design)
- Completed at least a few fit out projects (SEZ or STPI) in one complete cycle and have experience in handling main electrica, UPS, ACS-CCTV, LT Panel - Bus Duct and High side MEP eork from base building perspective
- Good knowledge on understanding of Drawings, Quantity take off, BOQ preparation, Rate analysis, Strong commercial sense, Market Survey / Testing, Tender document preparation, Pre-Tender Estimate and hands on experience on negotiation
- Knowledge on STPI / SEZ Projects preferred, Knowledge on taxation (GST), Ready to work on challenging time lines with minimum of Supervision for above referred Packages
- Strong in MS Office (Specifically MS Word, Excel and Power Point), AutoCAD, Revit and any other Take Off software exposure
We are an active equal opportunity employer committed to equality and diversity within an inclusive workplace.
For further information or to apply for this role, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com or click the link below to apply immediately.
Personal data provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence in accordance with our Personal Data Privacy statement and will be used for Recruitment related purpose. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.