34.800 m²Total Area
Ostrava, Czech Republic - IQ Ostrava is an office building, which has received BREEAM final certificate on level „Excellent´. Arcadis Czech Republic provided complete consulting and certification services, incl. the BREEAM Assessor.
34.800 m²Total Area
IQ Ostrava is a new office complex located close to the city center of Ostrava. The complex consists of two high-rise buildings of 13 and 9 floors. The modern glass facade is carefully balanced with the brick cladding in the ground floor. Fitness center, restaurant and several business units for employees and the public will be built in the building. Several outdoor terraces for relaxation and refreshment are part of the building as well. The entire property is non-smoking. Great emphasis is given to the surrounding greenery. Local species of trees and plants were planted within the landscaping in the area of 6.571 m2. Vegetative roof with flowering perennials and herbs will be installed on the roof of the lower building (Beta). Arcadis Czech Republic and its “Green team” provides comprehensive services for obtaining the BREEAM certification, including the BREEAM International Assessor services, who manages entire certification process. The building has received the final certificate on the level Excellent 02/2014.
• During the construction were imposed very strict requirements for the protection of natural resources and surrounding of the building from pollution caused by potential hazardous substances (both liquid and dust) and by noise or light smog. It was consistently taken care of health and safety of the workers and people moving in the immediate surroundings of the building. Great emphasis was placed on the treatment of waste focused on recycling and reusing of materials in order to minimize the amount of waste disposed of in the landfills.
• Building materials and building interior installations were chosen also on the basis of life cycle analysis (LCA), which takes into account not only the purchase costs of the material but also operating cost for the entire lifetime of the building materials and subsequent cost of their disposal.
• Obtaining the certificate gives future tenants the assurance of high quality of the building design suitable for its comfortable use. The indoor environment provides thermal control, plenty of natural light, fresh air (delivered not only via forced ventilation but also via openable windows), low noise level and low content of pollutants from the installed materials. Outdoor blinds and artificial lighting are part of an intelligent system that provides maximum energy savings and allows users to customize the intensity of the light or the position of the blinds as needed. The possibility to control the thermal comfort is a must.
• Sanitary facilities were chosen with regards to minimize the water consumption. Toilets and urinals are set to power saving flush mode, sensor basin faucets are low flow and on the showers were installed flow limiters with the possibility to set the desired water-saving flow rate. On the supply water branch into each sanitary core a solenoid valve is installed which is connected to the motion sensor. Thus the potential leakage of the potable water is prevented (for uncontrolled toilet flush leakage, or when the faucet is not properly closed).
• The main water connection is linked to the BMS system and thus allows detect possible water leaks in the water supply for the building as well as in the entire building. Sanitary facilities, using solenoid valves and motion sensors, are connected to the water only when are actually used.
• All energies in the building are accurately measured on the secondary basis, which provides not only immediate overview of consumption and potential equipment failure, but also allows tenants to pay only for the energy actually consumed.
• A special Manual has been created for building users – a detailed simple guide how to use all the equipment in the building and a Travel plan including information about all transportation possibilities of nearby.
• Advantageous location close to the historic city centre within walking distance from bus stops and excellent availability of a large number of services in the complex of the buildings reduces the need for automobile transportation and thus reduce production of the greenhouse gases harmful to the environment.
• For users who travel to work by bike are prepared complete back of house facilities: lockable bike room with installed security cameras and stands and hooks for bicycles. For secure storage of cycling clothing are installed lockable ventilated cabinets and, of course, there are separated men's and women's washrooms and toilets. An important part is the connection to the local cycling infrastructure, without which are even the best facilities for cyclists pointless. Users surely appreciate the rental of Dutch bikes, which is available to all employees and visitors of the complex.
• The unique system of "Car sharing" advantages carpooling on the way to and from work. Marked parking places only for cars using carpooling are located in front of the building. Car-sharing portal for a comfortable route planning can be found at the tenants webpage. Building occupants contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions from road traffic associated with the operation of the building.
• On the significant part of the land the greenery was planted not only for recreation and relaxation of employees, but on the large part of the area were seeded native species of vegetation, herbs, grasses, shrubs and trees that supports the original biodiversity and provides shelters to small vertebrates, useful insect and birds.
34.800 m²Total Area
Share this page viaMail
Arcadis je přední světová firma zabývající se projekty a poradenstvím v oblastech přírodních zdrojů a staveb, jež prostřednictvím úzké spolupráce se svými klienty a s využitím služeb v oblastech návrhů, poradenství, inženýringu, projektů a řízení vytváří výjimečné a udržitelné výsledky.