Deputy Director - China East
At Arcadis, I work in cost consultation and I am responsible for managing in all kinds of projects, including retail, office buildings, hotels and residential buildings, Arcadis is an international company and so are our clients and I gain so much experience from dealing with different people from all over the world. I truly believe to complete a project successfully you need to know and understand your client's requirements.
"Arcadis promotes teamwork and individual development."
What do you love about working for Arcadis?
- At Arcadis there are many professionals with different specialties. Communication among them widens my vision and creates great collaboration.
How does Arcadis help your professional development?
- Arcadis pays much attention to people development. In addition to regular training, the company organize case-study seminars to help our professional development.
How do you see Arcadis values coming to life?
- In teamwork, Arcadis promotes the values of “be good at listening to others” and “self-confident”, which are also the principle of my work and life.
What are your 3 favourite projects you have worked on?
Ocean Towers, Shanghai
- This project is a 25-floor Class A office building, which is the first project I was involved when I worked as a Quantity Surveyor. From this project I learned how to cooperate and coordinate with different professional consultants.
Century Avenue (Parcel 2-3), Shanghai
- This was a challenging project, a multi-function complex combining with public transit systems, office and commercial buildings. There are four metro lines, one of which traverses the basement, therefore, the construction of the basement of the project is very difficult.
Qiantan Mixed-use Development, Shanghai
- This project is a complex of international Class A office buildings, luxury apartments and retails, located on the front beach along the Huangpu River. Developed jointly by China and America two famous housing companies.