As a fresh graduate, I’m honored with the opportunity to work on the huge Suntec City Shopping Mall project to add and alter the existing site. I know can learn and benefit from the complexity of cost management for this challenging project, enhancing my skills and knowledge as a Quantity surveyor. I love getting closer to one of Singapore’s prominent tourist destinations.
“The knowledge that I can gain from the project is amazing.”
Questions for Grace Alexander:
What do you love about working for Arcadis?
- Being able to work across diverse sectors, engaging with professionals from different fields, meeting people and bringing along the ‘brand’ of Langdon & Seah, an Arcadis company, as a professional firm as well. The networking opportunities excite me because the knowledge that you’re able to pick up is vast.
How does Arcadis help your professional development?
- All employees get plenty of training opportunities, by external trainers or colleagues. It gives me the opportunity to learn about the different industries and sectors. I am also applying for my professional qualifications in Quantity Surveying.
How do you see Arcadis values coming to life?
- I get the opportunity to work directly with experienced superiors, allowing me to further improve my knowledge in Quantity Surveying. We work well as a team and spend time together outside work.
What are the 3 favourite projects you have worked on?
- Suntec City Shopping Mall, Singapore
Involving a major addition to the existing shopping mall, it is a very challenging project. It is a rapid learning curve, and I am able to learn a huge amount.
- Terminal 3, Changi Airport, Singapore
With Changi Airport being one of Singapore’s chief assets, my role involved great responsibility to ensure an enhanced environment for users.
- 3 Bungalow units
I gained vast knowledge on this smaller scale project, working with a team who have extensive technical knowledge and leadership experience.